Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cataratas de Iguazú (some things just sound better in spanish)

well 40 hours of bus rides later and im in Argentina, on the boarder with Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay at one of the natural wonders of the world, Iguazu Falls. I realize I'm kind of ruining a lot of natural wonders for myself, first glaciers, then volcanoes, and salt flats and now waterfalls, I just can't imagine anything compares.

I walked around the park for a long time and at first I was searching for that moment when the enormity of the falls would just overwhelm me and all of life's questions would become clear and I would know who I was in the world... well I found it doesn't quite work that way. Having seen some amazing impressive sights in my trip I keep finding the moments of wonder and amazement kind of sneak up on me, and they can happen just as easily in a congested city. But it is pretty funny to look around and see other people looking for that same feeling. I finally did have my "aha" moment when I was close enough to the falls to feel the spray. I was both awed by the power and inspired by it to put all of my energy into living. that sounds weird, even to me, and maybe that isn't the best way to say it, but I was just inspired to be...BOLD! that's it, bold.

I really loved Argentina. I went to Mendoza and Cordobá, similar looking cities, it is very reminiscent of Texas or the West (except with mountains!). The people are generally nice and the country just has a good feel to it. I look forward to spending some more time here at the end of my trip.

Tomorrow I am off to Rio de Janeiro! I am very excited. There I will meet Stephanie whom I went to UCLA with. She is from Rio, but moved to the USA when she was 14ish. I will spend a bit more than a week there, then go north to Salvador to stay with friends of Julie's (friend of my Mom's). Apart from being almost broke, the end of my trip is going to be the cherry on the cake of a wonderful adventure.

Happy Birthday DAD! Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...