Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bolivia

Well I survived the Dengue, and made it to La Paz, Bolivia. Bolivia is a beautiful country also very much its own. unlike other countries the western influence has not quite made it to this land locked country. Which makes for excellent people watching.
Yesterday in La Paz there was a 12 hour parade. Yes. 12 hours. And I am not sure but I dont think there were even any repeats. I started watching at 10 am and watched for an hour or so. Then everytime I would walk down the main street I was amazed to find it still going, all the way up to 10pm, which i THINK was the end of it. Pretty amazing. I think I am going to be in La Paz for Bolivia's 200 years of independence, so i cant imagine what they do for that. because if i understood it correctly this parade was for the start of the university school year!

Now I'm off to the amazon. Am going to try to work on an animal refuge for a few days. we will see how it goes. that is if i suvive the 18 hour bus ride!

Oh and by the way, I put up more pictures and they should be easier to find. (at the bottom of this page)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...