Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Monday, July 19, 2010

bicenetario!!

btdubbs, I´m not sure where caragena is, but carTagena was beautiful (misspelling on my last post). really culturally senstive of me. SPEAKING of cultural sensitivity, yesterday I had one of those times when I felt really in touch with the city and let it just take me... by that I mean I spent 3 hours with an old man who didn´t really understand that concept that my spanish is limited to slow patient conversations. At some point he just forgot or had so much to talk about that he couldn´t be bothered to slow down, even if it meant he was kind of talking to himself. After showing me the Botero Museum (Oh I´m in Medellin now by the way), I walked out trying to quickly segue into a "muchas gracias, hasta luego" but it turns out he doesn´t mind going into internet cafes with random gringos. But this turned out to be an internet cafe/chess-playing-place where he knew like half the old men in there. WELL, Mr. I love a gringo, just drops me at the sight of his friends, and suddenly I was the chaparonne with their kid at the mall in front of a group of school friends. Wouldn't even look at me! So it was time for revenge for the 2 hours of drivel I had to listen, and I introduced myself to all of his friends, who looked at me with that utter contempt that only a man of 80 can display. He was as horrified as a college kid on parents weekend.

So Medellin is going well. It is kind of a smaller more manageable Bogotà, but very similar looking. AND tuesday just so happens to be the Bicentenial of Colombian independence! how crazy! this makes up for that fact that I will prob never see a 2076. Apparently the biggest firework show in South America is happening tonight. But places love to claim the biggest/best/tallest, so you never know, but it should be fun. and I have some local Medellianos (?) to go celebrate with. ANDDDD I´m not sweating through my clothes within 5 minutes of putting them on. So, Medellin is shapping up to be a good time.

Feliz Dia De Independencia Colombia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...