Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Well. I made it. I am currently in El Calafate, a fairly large town in Argentina. Their economy is almost completely based on one huge block of ice: the Moreno Glacier. I arrived today from El Chalten, a very small town in the middle of a beautiful valley near the Fitz Roy Summit.
 
I arrived last wednesday and went out on a trek the following thursday. I spent 3 nights backpacking around. It is hard to describe how beautiful it is here. I spent all of the first day in front of the Cerro Torre. Mostly just looking at it. I hiked up with two Argentinians very friendly and fun to trek with. The following day I went deeper into the park and splurged on a refugio (cabin). It had been raining that day so i was never so happy to see a wooden structure. It was really isolated. I stayed one more night there and did a day hike. There was no one for Miles. A strange, exhillirating, lonely, exciting feeling. hard to describe. similar to the feeling of looking up at the stars. (which I also did and was also unbelievable).
 
There have been some lonely spouts where I really miss Santiago and all the friends I made there, or the friends I came with...Mike. But it is really wonderful to be out here. Now I am off to find a Hostel and figure out where I am going next.
 
love you all and think of you often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...