Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

WATCH OUT BUENOS AIRES!

Some of you may know of my love for layovers. WELL, I am writting this during the official longest layover I have had, 20 hours, so long i considered getting a hostel, but lucky for me its in buenos aires. I took a quick tour of the city and headed back to the airport before dark. It is beutiful here, the energy is totally different. Very similar to New York. There were some streets that if the signs were in english you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. actually even in spanish it  works.

I had to kind of pull myself away from santiago. I really could have stayed. Which I think is a good thing. I got the opportunity to meet a lot of Chileans which was really what made the city exciting and fun. Too bad on the last night I met some of the coolest people since I got there. But now I KNOW that I am going back. BUT now being here in B.A. I have a feeling I may fall in love with every place I go.

My final destination is El Calafate Argenitina, in southern patagonia. My plan is to spend one or two nights in the city, search desperately for friends to hike with, and then head up north to Mt. Fitz Roy. Im going to climb to the top!...no its actually a pick-axe-might-die-trying type of mountain, im just going to hike around it. and then another spot and then into Torres Del Paine, the crown jewel of Patagonia. But I am willing, and ready for all of that to change. I have everything I need so I am up for whatever. I am looking forward to being in the mountains. Now  I am officially grateful for all those years in Boy Scouts. Thanks M&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...