Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Monday, June 14, 2010

how much is the empanada? 1 DOLLAR???

Ecuador. Land of the Galapagos, which wont pertain to me because I wont be shelling out the grand to get there. BUT, I made it. It has been about six hours, but long enough to know that I am going to love this country. Or maybe I was just sick of Peru.  Either way there are bus terminals, toilet seats, public transit, very little piles of rubble on the streets, taxis arent constantly honking there horns, there are a lot of attractive people that smile at you, and they use Dollars! Hello Ecuador. We are going to get along just great.

It's not that I didn't like Peru. And I think it is good for a spoiled gringo like myself to see how most of the world lives. but god its good to move on. My cousin asked me a while ago, if traveling made me love our country, and at the time I actually felt the opposite, but traveling through Peru (which is no uganda) I understood what he meant. The problems we face in our country, Peru has not even begun to look at because there is so much fundamentally wrong with their government. Ecuador is not exactly the shining beacon of stability but they seem to have the groundlevel stuff figured out. or maybe I'm just in a good town.

Since Trujillo, I hit up another highlands city, Cajamarca, famous for being the place where Pizarro captured the Inca Emporer, Atahualpa. It was pretty, kind of like Cuzco minus tourists. But I was kind of over it and a bit lonely. So I headed into Ecuador, and stopped in the beach party town of Mancora, Peru. Where I watched our team play, and I happened to be with 30 angry Brits as well. It felt good to tie. Even if we really shouldn't have. I say everyone ties and then we will ALL be happy! this is why gays dont do sports.

Now I am headed to my second farm. It is in lowlands forest junglish place (not really sure) called Vilcabamba. Should be nice. The farm is called Never Never Land. which after Michael Jackson, you cant be really sure whether it is creepy or kinda cool. We'll see! But I'm really looking forward to it. I need some manual labor in my life.

love you all!
GO USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...