Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Friday, April 30, 2010

El Norte!

So it has been a while again. Sometimes there is so much I want to say I avoid posting because I think it will take too long. So my new plan is short little blip-vignet-updates.

Right now I am in ChaƱaral. nothing special. I am here for a national park that I didnt go to because it was too expensive to get there. So instead I walked on an endless EMPTY beach for about 8 hours. and snaked on my new addiction! Chilean Bread, Palta (avocado), and salt! I am an artist with this! I follow this with an apple and peanut butter. I have lived on this since santiago. seriously 3 times a day. its getting bad! haha. but there are worse addictions. am I right...AM I RIGHT!! wink*, eyebrow raise*...

I spent 4 nights of the last week with the most beautiful Chilean family! The mother is the cousin (older cousin, heidi style) of one of my friends I met in Santiago. He hooked me UP! I couldnt beleive it one minute I was saying I was headed to La Serena and the next thing I knew he was on the phone with his cousin Sonia at midnight on a wednesday asking if I could come on friday! and she said yes!!! It is her and her two beautiful, smart, funny, talented children. I could really go on and on about them. But it really marked the start of a new phase of my trip. More running. some meditation. less being lonely and sad for no reason. and more staying with families. It is SOOO rewarding. I love them. and i just got a message that the young daugher, Laura, said to her mom she doesnt understand why I had to go!!!! Que Tierna! Oh and they only speak spanish. So I am very happy with my progress that I can grow so fond and close with people who dont speak english!

Now I head to Peru to meet Mom and Dad! I am stopping at San Pedro de Atacama (in Chile) it is the place everyone goes to in the North of Chile! supposed to be amazing! haha. But I dont really know what it is! I never do, or if I do, I am wrong.

LOVE YOU ALL! thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...