Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Monday, May 17, 2010

In Cusco now, with Mom and Dad. and we are having an amazing time. It seems like they have been here 3 weeks. Mostly been eating, and buying beautiful peruvian crap.

Machu Pichu. what do I say. dont know where to begin. I mean on the one hand it is just a mountain with ruins and actually seeing something that has been just a fantasy for so long takes away some of the magic, when you can see and touch it. But yet it was overwhelmingly beautiful. The moment when we first walked through the gate and stretching out before us were these stark, imposing, complex, mysterious stone structures was an experience I will never forget. We had so much fun exploring the ruins on our own, and imagining the lives that once occupied it. I also picked out my house, complete with a walk in, courtyard, and balcony off the master bedroom.

One of the most beautiful things about it was the increible setting, mountains like you've never seen, and the buildings seem to just be formed out of the mountains, its not as if nature stops and machu pichu begins, it was in complete harmony with the setting it was in. I guess the magic that I had been imagining all these years was there but you had to get in and find it. And having people to share it with made the experience far more full and exciting. and by the wayyy...it would make the BEST! i mean best! place for a mean game of capture the flag.

We had a bit of an incident today with some missing money. way too long of a story to tell right now. but I will just say me and my parents were going a bit CSI on the hotel we were in. At the end of it we had what was missing and actually kind of enjoyed the excitement.

It has been so nice having my parents here. We have been gluttons in every sense, and laughing the entire time.

Now we are headed to the jungle, where we are bound to have some more stories to share.

love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...