Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Week Away

On February 2nd I leave from LAX to Santiago, Chile. First destination the outdoor paradise of Pucon with Mike Thompson. We will be arriving in Santiago in the AM and heading south on an overnight bus (the first of many). It will be so strange to enter a country that is in the height of summer.
After that I will spend three weeks in Santiago in a language program that includes a home-stay with a family in the heart of Santiago (Providencia is the neighborhood or Commune as they call it). classes are 5 days a week, and should help me get a handle on the language, and culture.
My first month is very planned out and then after that is a big question mark. I have places I want to go to and things I want to see but I am not sure how it will all unfold. Hopefully there will be plenty of Blog posts to keep you updated. The plan is to do six countries (Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, and Argentina) in a span of six months. I have a return flight on August 5th.
Here I go!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now its one day away!!

    cant believe its here

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JOE,LOVE ALL NEW FOTOS.HOPE ALL IS O.K.IN SANTIAGO AND YOUR LIVING CONDITIONS ARE RESOLVED.WE MISS YOU AT KONOS WHERE ALL IS WELL.PADIAS IS IN HOSPITAL W/KIDNEY STONES AND IS GOING TO HAVE SURGERY.LOVE YOU A TON AND BE SAFE. DAD

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?...