Thanks for checking out my blog. I will work to keep it current, with photos and posts. YOU CAN FIND THE PHOTOS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. ¡gracias!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Torres Del Paine

Well I just got back from my second patagonian trek. 3 days 3 nights on the famous "W". i think half the reason people come here is so that they can say they have done the "W". Its just fun to say. It was so beautiful. the first day and a half I had beautiful, amazing, perfect weather, then next day and a half were pretty windy and wet, but not too bad. It was all enjoyable, but having the nice weather really makes the place magical. At this point glaciers don´t impress me. which means I have seen A LOT of them. They are pretty mind blowing.

I had a better experience this go around. I think it took me a week to adjust to being by myself. My mind was much more at peace, which allowed me to enjoy it more. even just 3 days, is a LONG time to spend with just your thoughts. At a certain point I started running out of topics to think about, so I tried to solve world poverty in my head. haha. didnt get very far.

I don´t think any description of what i saw will do it justice, so I am hoping I can get some pictures up soon.

Today my goal is to get on this Ferry that goes north to Puerto Montt through fjords. It is the only way to go north through Chile, there are NO ROADS! because it is all just islands and fjords and the andes. So I am trying to get half price for the ticket. the guy at the office kind of smiled at me in that "silly gringo" kind of way. but im am just going to camp out in their office till they get sick of me and just let me on for hopefully... half price! We´ll see.

Next up, WWOOF Farming in Chiloe (island off of Chile). Then volunteering with Habitat for Humanity in Talca, building shelters for those affected by the earthquake. Im looking forward to thinking about someone other than myself for a bit.

3 CHEERS FOR HEALTH CARE!!! GO OBAMA!

chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?...